Monday, June 1, 2009

Blog Assignment 1

I am a Junior at Pepperdine University, and I major in Psychology. I attended TCU my freshman year, then transferred to Pepperdine. I am currently taking Summer courses here at TCU, pretty much because I needed a break from California. I have An older brother who is a senior here so its good to see family too. I was born in Thousand Oaks, California and have moved six times to different states since then. I lived in Anchorage, Alaska for 7 years before moving to Houston, Texas. From there I went to Great Falls, Virginia, and then back to Houston. When i moved out to California after my Freshman year, my parents moved back to Anchorage. I love playing sports and doing other activities with friends. I am a big fan of movies and music. 
In this course I would like be able to see things in a fiction story that I would have not noticed before. There are many dynamics to a story and I would like to be able to understand them all. Strangely, I wrote a fiction novel when I was a freshman in high school. Im not going to try and say that it was any good, or that I ever finished it, but I had written 456 pages when it was accidently deleted. In high school I took AP english until senior year where I took dual credit, and I have not taken an english class since then. 
I hope to get a better appreciation for stories and to become a more constant book reader. I seem to make up excuses as to why I shouldn't be reading a book. 
To teach me well, you just have to have an awake attitude and I will pay attention, if you talk about what your teaching like you don't care, then neither will I. 
I love food and am excited about the possibility of cookies in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment